Q. How much will my monthly payments be? How much are my closing costs?
A. Contact R.W. Edmondson at C & F Mortgage Co. or a lender of your choice to answer all financing questions. R.W. may be reached at 540.847.3949.
Q. What is the process for purchasing a new home?
1. Contact Spear Builders to discuss your new home needs.
2. Submit pre-approval application to C&F mortgage or a lender of your choice to determine the most appropriate mortgage program for your new home.
3. Choose community, floor plan, elevation and options to best suit your needs. We offer custom building as well.
4. Write contract for purchase of your new home.
5. Upon completion, there will be a walk-through with the Spear Builders Superintendent who supervised the construction of your new home.
6. After the walk-through and after the Certificate of Occupancy has been issued you will close on your new home. Our preferred settlement agent is Advantage Title and Settlement Agency, Inc. in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Their number is 540.899.2600
Q. What choices do I have on flooring?
A. This is the fun part. Soon after you have executed your contract, your Spear Buildersagent will contact you to make your selections. Not only will you select flooring for your home but also cabinets, counter tops, appliances, vinyl siding, roof shingles, shutters, telephone & TV locations, light fixtures and more.
Q. What if I already own a lot? Can Spear Builders build me a home on it?
A. Usually yes, but it depends on location and other factors. Consult Spear Builders at 540-368-9003 or toll free at 1.888.539.6904.
Q. How long does it usually take to build a home?
A. About 90-120 days depending on size and location.
Q. Does Spear Builders do another “walk-through” at the end of the warranty period?
A. No. We do one walk-through before you settle on your home. There is a One Year List that may be turned in to Spear Builders that addresses any issues you have one year after your closing.
Q. How do I turn in my One Year List?
A. There are several ways. Fax to 540.368.9529, mail to P.O. Box 867, Spotsylvania, VA 22553, drop it off at 2513 Regency Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22408, or submit through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. When should I turn in my One Year List?
A. We recommend turning in your One Year List at least one month prior to your one year anniversary date. This will allow us time to review your list, coordinate with our subcontractors, and schedule any repairs needed.
Q. Who should I contact if I have any problems with my home during my one year period?
A. You can contact us, Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm at 540.368.9003, toll free 888.539.6904 or email email@example.com.
Q. If I have a problem with my home after my one year period is up, whom should I contact?
A. We will gladly point you in the right direction and refer you to qualified individuals for whatever problem may occur, just give us a call.
Q. When do I close on my new home?
A. The settlement on your new home depends on many factors including type of loan, contingencies and any issues you may have with your lender. Closing takes place after your final walk-through and after the County has issued a Certificate of Occupancy for your home.
Q. If I decide to purchase a home, is there a deposit?
A. Spear Builders requires a $1000 earnest money deposit in the form of a check or note. This is NOT related to the down payment required by your lender at closing.
Q. Does Spear Builders have any new homes for sale that are already finished?
A. There are usually a few homes that are either finished or in the construction process that we may sell. Refer to the Available Homes page on our website or contact us at
540.368.9003 or toll free 888.539.6904.